GPD User Community Support Forum

GPD P2 Max battery not charging

My GPD P2 Max has just started not charging the battery… It starts to show charging, but after about a minute the battery icon stops showing charging, and the status shows about 2 hours and 15 minutes left permanently, until unplugged and plugged back in.

My wife and I have two of these, hers is working fine with both chargers, mine doesn’t charge with either charger. So, I suspect the battery itself is bad? If I need to, can I get a new battery?
Thank you, Terry Fox

Terry - That definitely sounds like an issue with the battery. You could try to physically disconnect the battery, wait a few minutes, then reconnect it to see if that fixes it.

If you do need a new battery, I can ship you one from Charleston, SC if you’re in the US. Otherwise, I would recommend checking out GPD’s AliExpress store. (Due to lithium ion shipping regulations, I can’t ship outside the continental US.)

thank you for the fast reply Josh. I did disconnect and reconnect it, and it seems to be happier now. It charged fully. I will try almost fully discharging it, then charging it again to be sure everything is fine. We both enjoy these machines!
Terry