GPD WIN MAX touchpad stopped working

Two days in the touchpad stopped working. Tried to reinstall drivers but windows just does not see the devices.

1 Like

this just happened to me aswell out of nowhere. any luck on fixing it?

My touchpad also stopped working, one week ago. I am trying to determine which device should I update (and which driver).

Mine was working for about a month. Then it started to work every now and then, and now it doesn’t work at all. I tried reinstalling drivers and clean windows install that didn’t work either.

Same here, keyboard is still working but touchpad not and device not visible in the devices

Just thought I’d throw this out there. I took mine apart and the connector on the back of the touchpad wasn’t soldered onto it. It just had tape to hold it in place and fell off.

The issue resolved on its own. I suspect a driver or windows update was the culprit, but has no way to confirm it.

Sorry to bump, but I have a fix to help with anyone else who found this via web search:

Resetting the Bios fixed the problem for me. The touchpad wasn’t even showing up in device manager for me so I was worried it was a loose cable, but this fixed it regardless.

1. Shut down the PC
  2. Grab a pin and press the reset switch in the hole between the two Type-C ports, and hold it down for a few seconds.
  3. Release the button, then power back up.

The device may stay black screen for slightly longer than normal before booting, so don’t worry if it’s taking it’s time at first.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this info.

It really works in my scenario. My touchpad and Wifi stopped working without reason, I tried to recover the Win10 but still with no luck.

However, after try to reset bios with this tutorial, touchpad and wifi work again, thanks!