[SCREEN ISSUE] half of screen is on a different color/brightness

Hi @AriseThePhoenix,

Do let me know how it goes. I’m in the same boat as you, but I have not tried taking apart the LCD side of things. GPD said they may be able to send the replacement cable to me, but that was the last email I got from them. Still following up on photos/videos on how to take it apart.

Will you be able to send photos of how you took out the LCD portion up until the cover you mentioned?

Thanks!

1 Like

unfortunately the problem was no fixed. I spent money buying it, sending it back and the problem is still here. Please advise.

Google Photos

I’m really devastated to hear this @cnobre. For me this is totally unacceptable.
Please contact GPD Kendyz

I am requesting a new laptop - we cant wait forever and have them send parts. And it is a huge pain to split the screen from the touch sensor… what if it breaks?

1 Like

Also, they had the chance to fix it and it looks like they didn’t even open the laptop.

1 Like

Forever almost literally. After 45+ days I received…wait for it…a screen. No cable, not mounted in the aluminum backplate. Just a replacement screen. Sigh. This is becoming a goat screw…very sad as I’m quite happy with my little GPD Micro PC - it’s a nice little unit if you don’t ask too much from it.

I’ve emailed kendyz, but I doubt I’ll get a satisfactory result.

We ship a lot out of the country and it will be a bear to ship the unit back…just giving you a heads up. It also won’t be cheap - somewhere around $75.

I’ll let you know what kendyz has to say.

1 Like

oy vey, thats awful. I am done trying to get this fixed, I want my money back.

1 Like

Hello,

I have the exact same issue, left side of the screen is darker than right side.
have you been able to get it fixed or replaced? IMAG0502