[SCREEN ISSUE] Vertical / Horizontal lines on screen / screen fades out

What happens now then will they reimburse you the 55 USD freight?

If they ship the replacement parts I won’t be shipping the notebook back, so the USD 55 is not an issue. Presumably I will get the replacement parts delivered to my address and if they want the bad parts back I will ship them back at their expense.

@ThaBozz - But they just said the parts aren’t available? Am I missing something?

Yes, they aren’t . So I have to wait until they are. Who knows how long this will take. Anyway, in my situation this is not as bad as it seems, because the screen still works, it will just stop working eventually.

1 Like

Hi, this is to update regarding this screen issue.

I was preparing the computer to ship it to China, so I have decided to reinstall the windows image that is on the GPD website instead of cleaning windows from the settings.

I thought to give it a try after reflashing the windows. Now it’s been three weeks with no single incidence! It is really frustrating to just keep waiting for this screen issue to rise again, but it didn’t, so far!

1 Like

@h_amak - Thank you very much for updating.
Can I ask you the following Questions please which I feel are very important for others.

1. Did you use Microsoft Create Media Tool to make a Windows 10 Home USB installer? Or did you do something different?
  2. Did you use the GPD P2 Max Windows Firmware 20190703 (the first link on https://www.gpd.hk/gpdp2maxfirmwaredriverbios) and located here as well as the GPD P2 Max windows10 driversAlso supports Pocket 2, MicroPC, WIN 2, but not compatible with Window 10 1607 (the second link on https://www.gpd.hk/gpdp2maxfirmwaredriverbios)** and available here
  3. You mention “reflashing the windows” do you mean you flashed the BIOS? If so to which Bios version? Was it version 0.23?

Thank you.

1- No, Id didn’t use that, I have followed these steps: https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/how-to-reinstall-windows-on-your-gpd-pocket-2/

2- Yes, I have used the first link GPD P2 Max Windows Firmware 20190703 to install windows then the 2nd link to install the drivers

3- I mean reinstalling windows, I used reflashing because they called it firmware on the GPD website!

I’m using BIOS version 0.23

1 Like

Do you have power management set to turn off screen after say ten minutes. Does the screen wake up for you? I only ask as I never had this problem until I upgraded to Bios v.0.23 and since then in either Windows Home 10 or Ubuntu Mate 19.10 I have issues where I cannot wakeup the screen no matter what I do. I just wonder if you walked away from your laptop with it on battery only for twenty minutes, make a coffee and let the screen power down, whether you are able to wake it up? Thanks.

I have no issues related to waking up the screen, I I have setup the power management to switch off the display after 5 minutes of inactivity when it is on battery and 15 minutes when it is connected to the charger

1 Like