[solved] Touchpad problem (swapped axes) after apply Keyboard and TouchPad upgrade program

After running the update program ( https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-p2-max-the-world-s-smallest-ultrabook/x/9347519#/updates/23 ) , the GPD keyboard and touchpad stopped working. (using external via USB)
After restart, the touchpad is broken.
The axes are swapped: left - right, up - down.

I use Windows + Linux, both the same.

Does anyone have a similar problem?

Is it possible to return the previous state?

1 Like

There are several reports of axes swapping for touchpad since upgrading PTP firmware.
ie right is left and up is down.

Chih-Kai Hsu
@Roman Vesely – Glow Internet s.r.o. . I experience the same issue after updating Touchpad firmware when I collect to external monitor via USB Type C or after Sleep. A restart without connecting to Video Out often solves the issue.

Roman Vesely - Glow Internet s.r.o.
GPD: TOUCHPAD PROBLEM: After running the update program, the GPD touchpad is broken.
The axes are swapped: left – right, up – down.
Is it possible to return the previous state?

Has anyone else had this issue? Do we have any diagnostics / understanding of why some of us are fine and why others are having these issues?

During the upgrade, I had an external monitor connected via HDMI.

After disconnecting the monitor and restarting, the touchpad works correctly. Thank you

1 Like

This is great news @drak. So when you restarted and reconnected the external display all is working perfectly?

After touchpad upgrade, the display errors were like follows: (I didn’t save mine.)

screenissue

I don’t know if it is related to touchpad updates.

After a few hours of shutdown, everything now works - even with an HDMI connected.
The display is OK without interference.

Only…

“mouse click” on the touchpad does not work by tapping anywhere.
Only on the mechanical buttons at the bottom of the touchpad.
I don’t know if it worked before the upgrade.

1 Like

I haven’t upgraded yet and the “mouse click” on the touchpad does work (in both Linux and Windows).

1 Like

The touchpad is now handled by Windows, so make sure tap to click is enable in the touchpad settings

1 Like