UEFI EFI Shell: Cannot read from file - 800000000000001F

@SomberBanana - no worries at all. I’m not expecting help, and happy talking to myself and logging the steps i take. if people reply with ideas or possible solutions then thats a bonus.

Here is the Zip file you asked for

usb pen 3 files.zip (4.9 MB)

I think now though the issue is with my UEFI EFI partition as without any USB pen inserted i get the same error: will take a photo and upload

1 Like

Not that it helps you @petem, I can confirm that I had a successful update to 0.22 using the initial three-file solution suggested by @PeterCxy.

And I can’t thank you enough @PeterCxy for finding this solution because my Windows-To-Go USB despises the P2Max for some reason.

1 Like

Thanks @joshwiththegoodhair

@SomberBanana - Heres the video better than a picture.

Maybe (and I say maybe as I don’t know) but perhaps I could ask one of you kind people to dd block copy your efi partition and then i could try to copy it over in ubuntu live and see if it fixes the issue?
Could be risky though lol dont fancy bricking this device as its a long way to ship to china.

2 Likes

@petem - Is the NVME installed the one that came with the P2Max or one that you installed?

Yes I have yet to even open the laptop or touch a single screw - No hardware has been changed by me at all.
All ive done is boot Ubuntu Mate live usb pens and Windows off the SSD that i setup using OOBE from factory.

I did do PeterCxy USB method upgrading bios 0.20 to 0.21 about 4-5 days ago and it was great and successful and easy.

Thats it.

Are you sure you don’t have any startup.nsh files on any of your NVME partition’s root folders?

2 Likes

Thanks @joshwiththegoodhair.

I had dumped some files on the factory DATA partition. So as to place them there as a backup.
startup.nsh was on the DATA partition in root.
Excellent you have resolved this. Thanks so much.

I’m going to tidy this up and move all this into another thread as a resolved issue.

2 Likes

I’m glad that fixed it!

2 Likes

So am I lol its literally had me scratching my head all day.
I had no idea it scanned the NVME data partition as well looking for startup.nsh

haha. Lesson Learnt!

Bios successfully flashed via usb method from 0.21 to 0.22
Thanks again @joshwiththegoodhair

1 Like