Windows 7 x64 installs natively on GPD P2 Max

Since we seem to be of the same mind… what exactly are the weak unsecure points in Win7 ?

I’m not sure.

I tend to backup and restore the whole system in about 2 minutes to a Corsair USB stick quite often. If one instance has a problem its usually overwritten fairly quickly.

I finally did upgrade the USB 3.0 XHCI device driver and it removed many problems with some USB device compatibility and really increased the transfer speeds with USB drives.

Still haven’t figured out the ACPI issues with the Touchscreen and Fingerprint reader… just haven’t got the time to pursue it for now. Its a really good UMPC for what it is. I also haven’t had the battery problems people sometimes report, nor the fan issues. Its literally silent or the fan isn’t running at all when is doing something like playing a video… but if I’m doing something that really CPU intensive then the fan does kick in… it seems to ramp according to what its doing… to me. I could be wrong… my experience with UMPC’s is minimal.

I can also confirm that Windows 7 also runs on the GPD Win 2 however the touchscreen is still not detected in device manager. However it does show up in Windows 8.1 so I wonder if there’s a way to get the ACPI DSDT table from 8.1 or 10 to work in 7 and maybe the ts would work?

hello ! i tried to install win7 on my gpd p2 max but when i need to format my partition i cant see any partition :frowning: NO DRIVER WERE FOUND . Click load driver to provide a mass storage driver for instalation :(( what can i do ?